This program is Approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval # 886781483-6900) for 5.5 continuing education contact hours.
This training is geared toward direct service staff, both clinical and non-clinical, licensed and intern, who provide community mental health/behavioral health services. The focus of the training is to assist service providers with recognizing, preventing, managing and recovering from burn out/compassion fatigue as a result of work stress and vicarious trauma. The training will teach strategies for recognizing and combatting symptoms of burn out through Mindfulness, Meditation, Time Management, Work-life Balance and coping with Vicarious Trauma.
A goal of this training is to support and rejuvenation to individuals likely to experience vicarious trauma/high stress in day to day job dealings; additionally, it seeks to provide support and training to individuals who perform high stress job duties related to populations with high risk/ high needs that tend to have multiple systems of care involved in their service provision. The training will discuss vicarious trauma, recognizing signs thru increased self-awareness and service delivery strategies for reducing the occurrence of vicarious trauma. Attendees will be introduced to mindfulness and meditative practices to implement to minimize in the moment burn out and compassion fatigue.
By the end of this training, attendees will have:
- Identified how to recognize the onset of compassion fatigue/ burn out.
- Identified at least three strategies for preventing burn out.
- Learned at least three strategies for minimizing work stress.
- Learned at least three strategies for increasing work-life balance and easy self-care strategies for immediate implementation.
- Identified at least three strategies for seeking supervisor assistance and accessing employer provided support for managing onset of symptoms.
- Identified at least 3 strategies for maximizing and managing time;
- Practiced, and set goals related to, boundary setting, self-care and time management.
Attendees will receive worksheets and practice opportunities with licensed clinicians
Photo by Gerome Viavant via upsplash