Do You Owe Income Taxes to the IRS or FTB? Workshops for Individuals/Businesses with Income Tax Problems
by Elizabeth Nelson, Esq, CKR Law, LLP
What every individual and business needs to know about resolving your income tax debt with the IRS or the California Franchise Tax Board (“FTB”)!
Who should attend?
▪ Do you owe income taxes, any amount?
▪ Was your bank account levied?
▪ Do you have a Revenue Officer assigned to your account?
▪ Do you need help in responding to IRS or FTB audits or assessments?
▪ Are your wages being garnished?
▪ Are your account receivables being garnished?
▪ Do you need to remove a tax lien?
▪ Do you need to settle any of your tax debt?
▪ Do you need to file back tax returns?
What you should bring: Bring the recent tax notices that you received from the the IRS or the FTB and any bank letter about levies.
Instructor: Elizabeth Nelson, Esq, has been representing businesses and corporations with payroll tax problems for the past 20 years. Elizabeth is a tax partner at CKR Law, LLP, where she brings exceptional experience and expertise dedicated to more than 20 years of exclusively practicing Tax Controversy and Tax Litigation law, including a stellar track record working with and before both federal and state tax authorities-at all levels, including litigated cases. Here is a link to Elizabeth Nelson’s Bio: https://www.ckrlaw.com/locations/north-america/los-angeles/elizabeth-nelson.html.
Here are some IRS or California Success Stories, where Elizabeth represented:
▪ several individuals owing between $20,000 to $100,000 were granted Currently not Collectable with the IRS and the FTB;
▪ an internet/IT professional owing $35,000 received an Offer in Compromise for $2,000;
▪ a local Entertainer with a $1,560,000 IRS assessment, reversed to $0, with a refund of $43,814.00, in the United States Tax Court;
▪ a local Real Estate Developer with a $1,650,000 IRS proposed assessment, reversed to $0 tax due in the United States Tax Court and the client received a $1,639,375 offset in taxes and a $645,614 refund;
▪ a corporation with $1,756,900 IRS tax lien received an Offer in Compromise accepted at $175,000 with all tax liens removed, within 6 months;
Elizabeth specializes in Federal and State Tax Controversy, including audits, tax collection, appeals, United States Tax Court and the United States Court of Federal Claims proceedings; in addition to actions before the EDD, SBOE and the FTB. Elizabeth was the Vice Chair of the American Bar Association, Individual and Family Income Taxation Section, 2012-2014; a member of the National Association of Women Business Owners, NAWBO-LA, 2012-2014; the 2009 secretary of the Tax Section of the Beverly Hills Bar Association; and the past vice president of the Women Lawyers of Ventura County and member of the Santa Barbara Women Lawyers. Ms. Nelson is married. She and her husband raise toy schnauzers.
The income tax workshop is designed for individuals and business-that need to solve income taxes owed to the IRS or FTB.
By the end of this workshop, you’ll know:
1. Options to resolve income taxes;
2. The timing of notices and reply dates; and
3.The pros and cons of next steps with the IRS or the FTB.
Come and learn your options with a complimentary 30-minute tax attorney consultation on your income tax issues.
How early should I arrive at the event?
You should leave yourself enough time to park in the local parking structure, and walk to the front door of the Culver Hotel, where someone will direct you to the workshop room. We recommend arriving at least 15 minutes before the workshop is scheduled to begin.