Bring your creativity, curiosity, and passion to Ventura County’s first girls-only hackathon. A hackathon is a coding event in which teams “hack” together to create an awesome project like a game, website, or app. Team up with some of the brightest female minds in Ventura County and—fueled by free food and the chance to win prizes—turn your creative energy into award-winning projects that entertain and inspire.
What is Hackathon by the Sea-Girls Edition?
- This two-day program was designed to empower upper middle school and high school girls to experience the innovation and excitement that occurs when the power of coding is unleashed.
- Our event’s theme—Make tomorrow better—prompts attendees to build projects that make everyday life a bit easier.
- Attendees will have opportunities to network and collaborate with others.
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks are provided.
- Attendees can expect door prizes, awards, and plenty of swag.
Who should attend?
- This event is open to all female Ventura County students in grades 7–12.
- All experience levels are welcomed!
When is the event?
- This two-day event formally kicks off on June 21 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. with an installation and dinner.
- It resumes on June 22 at 9:00 a.m. and ends at 5:00 p.m.
- This is not an overnight event.
Bring a laptop if you have one—if not, one may be provided to you. Space is limited to the first 60 students who apply, so make sure to sign up soon. We look forward to seeing you there!
1. ALL students must bring a completed copy of the Student Release form with you to the event in order to participate:
2. ALL participants must read and agree to Hackathon by the Sea-Girls Edition Code of Conduct:
3. Please read the following document on how you can prepare for a hackathon, and what to bring to the event: