YOU ARE INVITED
Join us on Thursday, December 13 from 6-8pm at our fabulous venue THE RIVETER in West LA for an introduction to the team and community in development at SheLectricity, a new project designed with girls of color at the center with the goal to transform girls’ lives at scale.
Last month, the NoVo Foundation awarded SheLectricity a 3-year grant to “SEED FUND” the design, build, and launch a first-of-its-kind, digitally-enabled ecosystem to empower adolescent girls in the United States to thrive and reach their full potential. Launching in 2019 in Oakland, Los Angeles, and Memphis, SheLectricity is intended to scale over time to reach all girls in this country who need safe and nurturing online and in-person experiences, relationships, and support in order to learn, grow, innovate, and lead.
The Los Angeles SheLectricity Stakeholder Salon is hosted by The Riveter: West LA and co-hosted by our Hub Partner, the LA Urban League as well as:
- Cristina Pacheco, Activist, Producer and VP of Organizing, NationBuilder
- Vivian Graubard, Co-Founder, US Digital Service and Chief of Staff to Obama CTO’s
- Suzanne Lerner, President Michael Stars and Board Member, Ms. Foundation
- Abby Reyes, Director, UCI Community Resilience Projects
- Bonnie Abaunza, Humanitarian, Producer and Principal, The Abaunza Group
- Stella Martinez McShera, Founder and CEO, equallet
- Jyoti Sarda, Founder & CEO, Nimble Media LLC
- Pat Chandler, CEO, Creative Visions Foundation
- Amie Williams, Founding ED, Global Girl Media
- Dorothy Pincus, Performing Artist
- Rickie Byars, Founder, Kuumba
- Wendy Silvers, Founder, ED Million Mamas Movement
- Lora O’Connor, Strategic Catalyst and Producer
SheLectricity is the brainchild of Anasa Troutman. A cultural strategist, producer, and entrepreneur (named one of the 50 Founders to Watch by Essence Magazine) Anasa has dedicated her work to the importance of culture and the power of love. As CEO of her company, CultureShift Creative, Anasa works to build and execute cultural strategies for artists and organizations that are aligned with her vision of a loving world and her belief in creativity as a pathway to personal, community, and global transformation. Best known for her work as strategic advisor and executive producer to independent artist India Arie, Anasa provides strategic and creative support in many important cultural, political and social justice spaces; designs and facilitates national learning exchanges; trains nonprofit leaders to integrate cultural strategy into their community organizing efforts; produces tours and festivals; and shepherds artists and creative thinkers through the process of manifesting their own creative visions. Anasa was invited twice to the White House by the Obama administration to advise on cultural policy.
BE PART OF THE CONVERSATION. Join Anasa as she brings together some of the best minds in supporting the creativity and innovation in girls. The panel includes:
- Angela Harvey, Producer at ShondaLand, ABC
- Gina Jackson, Program Director, Native Americans In Philanthropy
- Julie Chavez Rodriguez, State Director for Senator Kamala Harris, Former Senior Advisor to President Barack Obama
- Vivian Graubard, Co-Founder, US Digital Service and Chief Strategy Officer & Director of Strategy for Public Interest Technology, New America
- Rickie Byars, Devotional Recording Artist and Community Builder
- Lynn Johnson, Co-Founder/CEO of Spotlight: Girls and SheLectricity Project Lead
- Special Guests – tba!
Parking is limited near the venue. We recommend you carpool, rideshare, or take public transportation.